Clogged Drain Las Vegas NV
You don’t have to work alone to face a clogged drain. Las Vegas, NV company JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning has over 30 years of experience in the industry. As one of the best plumbers in the area, we understand what our clients need. Clogged drains are par for the course, and our fleet of equipped trucks are prepared to handle clogs of all shapes and sizes. Don’t take a shower in a puddle of water or fight doing dishes in a clogged sink drain. Schedule immediate services with a team of plumbers you can depend on to keep your system working well for years.
What Can Clog Drains?
Drains are designed for the flow of water. When other debris falls into the drain, clogs can easily occur. Some of the most common causes involve:
- Humans and animals shed hair regularly. In the shower and tub, the hair often falls down into the drain. Over time, this can build up—but it can also catch other substances on the way down and cause a clog. Keeping hair from a clogged drain in Las Vegas, NV doesn’t take much. Purchase a small guard or regularly clean the drain to prevent buildup.
- Food plays a role in kitchen drain clogs. If you let pasta, rice, or other items fall down the drain, they may expand, stick in crevices, and create a problem. The smell and the slow draining may start to cause serious problems and require professional intervention. A garbage disposal or drain sieve can reduce the risk of food clogs in the kitchen.
- While we think of soap as a water soluble substance, it can buildup in pipes. Especially in environments with hard water, soap doesn’t dissolve as well, and it may linger in pipe systems. The residue will build and can create a serious clog in any drain. Liquid and alcohol-based soaps can reduce the risk of a clog, while bar soaps and cream- or oil-based soaps may cause problems.
- All oils, butters, animal fats, greases, and fatty substances can easily build up in pipes. Never pour bacon fat or pan drippings down the sink. Instead, pour fats into a suitable container for the trash after it has cooled.
- Other materials. In addition to these common household substances, you should never pour paints, clay, or hazardous waste down a drain. These substances may not dissolve completely and can quickly cause buildups that require serious plumbing work to repair. If you’re unsure about any substance, do a quick online search for appropriate disposal methods to reduce your risk of a clogged drain in Las Vegas, NV.
Hydro-Jetting Services for Clogged Drains
For serious blockages, we may recommend our hydro-jetting services for clogged drains in Las Vegas, NV. Our plumbers offer this treatment for major sewer and septic line clogs that lead to widespread problems. Hydro-jetting is a technique for clearing clogged drains without chemicals. Instead, we use water pressure to force debris and buildup from the pipes to prevent home backups.
If you need hydro-jetting services, choose a qualified company to conduct the cleaning. Proper hydro-jetting requires just the right amount of force to release the debris without harming the piping system. At JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning, our plumbers are trained and qualified to perform the work they do on every job. We take every factor into consideration, including the cost, effectiveness, and environmental impact. Count on us to deliver fantastic results for any clogged drain in Las Vegas, NV.
Receive On-Call Clogged Drain Services as Needed
Clogged drains can develop over time, or they can happen immediately. If you suddenly notice a problem with any of the drains in your home, you need to count on a plumber to show up on time and prepared. Our team is available 24 hours a day for emergency services. If you notice a problem on the weekend or over a holiday, trust these specialists to deliver high-quality service regardless of the time.
For a clogged drain in Las Vegas, NV, we can usually fix it on the same day we conduct an inspection. A plumber will come out to your property, use the latest technology to pinpoint the exact location of the clog, and recommend a course of action. We’ll always consider your budget and needs as we explore solutions for any plumbing call. In some cases, we may need to reschedule for a more invasive look at your plumbing system. If so, we’ll give you all the information you need to remain comfortable in your home or office until we complete the repair.
Services Beyond Clogged Drains at JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning
Our company can handle plumbing issues of all shapes and sizes. Whether you need a water heater replaced before we arrive or you’re looking for the source of a leak, we specialize in commercial and residential plumbing work. JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning stays current with local and federal code requirements for plumbing, and we often work with contractors on new constructions and remodeling projects.
In addition to troubleshooting clogged drains in Las Vegas, NV, our team offers new fixture and equipment installations, repair work for plumbing components, garbage disposal services, and sump pump maintenance. We always look for the simplest answer first, and we give our customers all of the information needed to make informed decisions about their plumbing systems. Discover us on Facebook to stay current with our latest developments.
Eliminate Your Clogged Drains Today
Some clogged drains are more of a nuisance than a plumbing emergency. However, they can easily cross the line. Don’t wait to address a deteriorating problem with your sink, tub, or shower drains. We’re only a phone call away any time of day or night. For more than just clogged drains, Las Vegas, NV residents can contact our service department at (702) 227-5622.
Beyond these location-specific drain problems, our company handles more serious concerns, such as sewer drain clogs. If you notice any standing water outside storm drains or drain problems throughout your home, let us know.
What Causes Clogged Toilets?
You may have a clogged toilet in Las Vegas, NV for a number of reasons. While toilet paper tops the list of the most common culprits, this isn’t the only cause. We’ve seen everything at JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning, but here are some of the other top reasons for clogs we come across:
- Flushing the wrong things. Toilets aren’t garbage bins. You should not use them to throw away baby wipes, paper towels, sanitary napkins, medications, or other household garbage. The only things you should flush down a toilet are toilet paper and human waste. A mistake here and there may not clog a toilet, but no professional plumber will ever advise flushing “unflushables.”
- Waste can build up in pipes and cause problems. Unfortunately, you can’t do much to prevent these incidents. They accumulate in bends and curves inside the piping and may start to cause a problem.
- Pipe damage. Tree roots and other factors may lead to a clogged toilet in Las Vegas, NV. If a pipe starts to break down or a root grows into the system, you may start to notice that several appliances in your home are malfunctioning. You can’t DIY a solution for pipe damage. These are serious repairs that often require heavy equipment and new piping.
While many reasons can contribute to a clogged toilet, the professionals at JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning are ready to help. Whether your child thought it was funny to flush an action figure or you have a more serious problem, we’ll locate the source of the clog and eliminate it as efficiently as possible. Consider us your local resource for all clogged toilets in Las Vegas, NV. Schedule emergency services today.
Should I Try a DIY Toilet Unclogging Solution?
While the internet may make toilet unclogging look simple, we must advise against most DIY unclogging solutions. You may think your toilet can handle the harsh chemicals of liquid plumbing solutions, but some of these solutions can seriously harm your toilet and pipes. Here are our suggestions for clogged toilets in Las Vegas, NV:
- Start with a plunger. Every property owner who has an onsite bathroom should keep a plunger handy to dislodge routine paper clogs.
- Use an approved enzyme waste remover. Ask your plumber about safe enzyme products that can break down waste and remove a clog.
- Purchase a plumbing snake. A snake is a device designed to weave down into your pipes and manually dislodge debris. If you do use a snake, use one made for toilet plumbing, not a DIY solution.
- Contact the professionals. When in doubt, call the plumber. At JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning, we offer solutions for the DIY crowd as well as the hands-off audience. We’re happy to take care of any clog, including the simplest and most difficult, when you’re ready for professional intervention. We hope you’ll consider us your go-to resource for any clogged toilet in Las Vegas, NV.
Connect With Us
NV Contractor’s Lic. #78722, #78723
Air conditioning Repairs
Nothing ruins a hot day in the desert like an air conditioning unit that is not working. We can help you keep you and your family cool during the long hot Vegas summers!
From leaky pipes, clogged drains or worn out water heaters, we can services to fix any problem you can throw our way. When it comes to plumbing, we are the experts.
Don’t wait for a problem to arise. Our service techs are available to do regular preventive maintenance on your systems – to ensure all is working when you need them.