Repair Garbage Disposal Las Vegas NV
JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning has the services you need to repair a garbage disposal. Las Vegas, NV locals trust our company to offer premier services for any commercial and residential plumbing problems. With over 30 years of experience in the plumbing industry and a commitment to exceptional service, you’ll love working with our team of friendly professionals.
Whether you need emergency garbage disposal repair work before a large event or you have another plumbing repair need, we’re here to get the job done right the first time. Learn more about our complete range of services.
Your Experienced Source for Garbage Disposal Repairs and More
Our business is about making your life easier. Most people don’t think about plumbing services unless something goes wrong and they need to fix it. We’re here to ensure every experience you have with plumbing repair goes well. All of our technicians are trained professionals dedicated to their work here in the valley. Our owners have been in the industry for decades and know all of the tricks of the trade as well as the cutting edge developments in technology. You won’t find a better company to repair a garbage disposal in Las Vegas, NV.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
If you have a garbage disposal, you may grow accustomed to throwing all food scraps down after a meal as long as they fit down the drain. Unfortunately, failing to follow the best practices for using a disposal may increase your need for repair services. Some of the most common problems owners have with garbage disposals include:
- Clogged sinks. If too much food goes into the disposal, it may trip up the blades and cause a clog. Try to remove as much water as possible, then use some pliers or tongs to dislodge the clogging item from a powerless disposal. Never insert your hand into a garbage disposal without proper training. If you can’t find the source of the clog, you may need to contact a professional plumber to repair a garbage disposal in Las Vegas, NV.
- The disposal stops running. If the appliance isn’t grinding at all, you may have a mechanical or power problem. Refer to the manual’s troubleshooting section if you want to try to repair the unit yourself. Always call a professional if you’re unsure about the safety or steps involved in repair work.
- You notice a leak under the sink. You shouldn’t see any signs of a leak in a new system, but components in an old system may start to break down and cause problems over time. Depending on the location of the leak, your unit may simply need a replacement washer or other part. However, a leak could indicate the need to replace the entire unit. Ask your plumber for more information about replacing vs. repairing your unit.
- You can’t get rid of a smell emanating from the sink. If you try cleaning your disposal and can’t remove the smell, you may have a problem deep in your plumbing system. You’ll need to call a professional to repair a garbage disposal in Las Vegas, NV if the problem is deep in the pipes.
At JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning, we’ll help you identify and resolve any concern you have regarding a garbage disposal. Often, we can provide a simple tip over the phone and resolve the issue, but more serious concerns require a service call. With a fleet of well-equipped vehicles ready to go, we offer fast and convenient services in many of the surrounding areas. Consider us the local experts when you need to repair a garbage disposal in Las Vegas, NV.
Safety and Garbage Disposal Repair
Garbage disposals are dangerous appliances, and they can cause serious injuries when improperly handled. If you notice a problem with your unit, you may try to dislodge a piece of food with your hand or to stick a fork or some other item down into the drain. Here are our top safety tips if you feel the need to troubleshoot the problem yourself:
- Cut the power. Before you work on any mechanical device, especially one with blades, completely turn off the power. Power down the disposal and completely cut the flow of electricity if you plan to do any work with wires.
- Avoid sticking your hand in the unit at all costs. You may feel confident in your ability to dislodge an apple core from the blades, but please don’t. Use a flashlight and another object to reach down into the unit. Needle nosed pliers work well, as do chopsticks, for removing stuck or inappropriate items. At JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning, we can repair a garbage disposal in Las Vegas, NV with professional tools. Call us for a quick service call, and we’ll take care of the problem in no time.
- Try a reset before you attempt to remove the unit. Some garbage disposals features a reset button on the motor. If you’re having mechanical issues, try resetting the unit before you attempt any other repair work. If this doesn’t fix the problem, consider contacting a professional.
A garbage disposal may seem like a simple appliance, but it’s also a dangerous tool that can cause electric shock and deep physical lacerations. If you ever feel uncomfortable working to repair a garbage disposal in Las Vegas, NV, we’re happy to help. Most problems take a short time to fix, allowing you to get back to using your disposal as usual.
Contact Our Service Representatives to Learn More
JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning has built a reputation of excellence within the community. We gained recognition in 2016 from Expertise as one of the Best Plumbers in Las Vegas. Our professionals are committed to helping with plumbing problems large and small. Like us on Facebook, and check back frequently to see our latest offerings and tips. Don’t wait to call us to schedule to repair a garbage disposal. Las Vegas, NV locals can always reach our plumbers at (702) 227-5622.
Connect With Us
NV Contractor’s Lic. #78722, #78723
Air conditioning Repairs
Nothing ruins a hot day in the desert like an air conditioning unit that is not working. We can help you keep you and your family cool during the long hot Vegas summers!
From leaky pipes, clogged drains or worn out water heaters, we can services to fix any problem you can throw our way. When it comes to plumbing, we are the experts.
Don’t wait for a problem to arise. Our service techs are available to do regular preventive maintenance on your systems – to ensure all is working when you need them.