Summer temperatures can make you feel really terrible about yourself. It is worse if you are inside and your air conditioner stops working. When that happens, it can be worse to be in your own home than being outside.
Here are some facts about air conditioners that you may not have known:
- The term “air conditioning” came from a North Carolina textile manufacturer who came up with the phrase because the technology increased the quality and condition of the cloth being produced in his plant.
- The development of modern air conditioning has allowed for advanced in medical technology. This has helped to lengthen human life and decrease the spread of diseases.
- 60% of U.S. homes are heated with gas fired forced air furnaces.
- A thermistor is the resistor inside a thermostat that changes resistance when the temperature changes. This allows the thermostat to adjust accordingly.
- Air conditioner sales skyrocketed in the 1950’s. By 1953 more than one million air conditioners were sold. In 1998 over 6.2 million air conditioners were shipped to homes and businesses.
- Old radiators were built out of cast iron
- Before air conditioning was common, many business and government offices would take the summer off
Air conditioners make life here in Las Vegas bearable, especially during the summer time. When summer hits, many people start spending a lot of time indoors because it is so hot outside. If your air conditioner breaks, you are going to be suffering until it is fixed. JMAC Plumbing & Air Conditioning is able to repair your air conditioner so that the time you have to spend without it is minimal.
When it comes to air conditioners, JMAC Plumbing & Air Conditioning—your Las Vegas air conditioning company—is here for you. Contact them today so that you can get your air back on.