It is often recommended that you hire a heating repair professional to check that your HVAC is in proper working order. In between regularly scheduled inspections, you can do your own at-home inspection.
DIY HVAC inspections are great for a ton of reasons.
- You get to save money. Who doesn’t like that?
- You can extend the life of your unit by spotting damage in it’s early stages.
- You get to maintain your privacy by avoiding preventable visits from your heating repair guy.
Important Inspection Tips
- If you have an outdoor heating unit, clear about two feet of space around it as soon as you can.
- If it’s been more than 60 days since you replaced your air filter, it’s probably a good time to do so now.
- Check the charge on the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector. If the charge is weak, replace them.
Get the rest of the HVAC inspection checklist from Houselogic!
If you have questions or concerns about what you find during your inspection, contact Jmac Plumbing & Air right away at 702.227.5622.