Residential Las Vegas A/C Repair & Services
Proudly providing residential Las Vegas A/C repair & services for over 30 years.
24/7 Live Answer
Licensed & Insured
Five Star Service
Things can heat up fast once summer rolls around in Las Vegas, which is why it’s important to make sure your A/C system is in tip-top shape for those climbing temperatures. If your home air conditioning system is experiencing technical issues, a repair might be the simple solution that can save you countless dollars down the line.
JMAC specializes in fast and affordable home A/C repair in Las Vegas and surrounding areas. We’re available 24/7, so comfort is always a quick phone call away.
Air Conditioning Service & Repair: Understanding the Basics
- Condenser: The condenser is the outside metal unit and where the gas from the compressor is condensed into a liquid. The gas entering the condenser is very hot. The temperature is then lowered, so the gas can convert back to a liquid.
- Compressor: The compressor is inside the condenser. It circulates the pressurized refrigerant, to concentrate the heat, and changes the low-pressure gas to high pressure.
- Evaporator: The evaporator is the part of the system inside the home. In simple language, it absorbs the heat from your home.
- Expansion Valve: The expansion valve controls the amount of refrigerant in your system.
All of these pieces are connected by a copper tube that handles refrigerant, creating a closed-loop. Heat is collected in the evaporator, and sent outside to the condenser. The heat is removed, and the cool air is recirculated back into your home.
Las Vegas A/C Repair: Home A/C Repair Simplified
An Air Conditioner Doesn’t Create Cool Air.
What happens in the AC process is the removal of heat from the air. Your AC uses a chemical called refrigerant to remove heat and transfer it outside. The warm air runs through the lines and coils in your unit and goes from liquid to gas and back again. During this process, the refrigerant removes the heat and transfers it elsewhere so that when the air comes out the other side, it is cool.
A Functional AC Will Remove Humidity.
Lower humidity helps the overall comfort level in your home by making you feel cooler, even if the temperature is the same.
Air Filters Needs To Be Checked & Replaced Every Three To Six Months.
Depending on the manufacturer’s recommendations, air filters need to be replaced a few times each year. A dirty air filter restricts your airflow, which reduces efficiency, costing you money, and over time can put stress on your unit and could cause a costly repair.
Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance.
Your air conditioner needs regular checkups to keep it running in tip-top shape. Having regular annual preventative maintenance will bring your system longer life and fewer breakdowns overall.
The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) measures air conditioning and heat pump cooling efficiency, which is calculated by the cooling output for a typical cooling season divided by the total electric energy input during the same time frame. A higher SEER rating means greater energy efficiency.
Need Air Conditioning Service Repairs?
How to Know if You Need Your Home A/C Repaired
Some of the tell-tale signs that your home air conditioning system might need a slight tune-up include:
- Energy Bill Increase – No one likes it when the energy bill hikes up, and if your air conditioning system is not running correctly, a bill increase might be on the horizon. A quick AC inspection and repair can address these issues quickly before your wallet takes a beating.
- Higher Humidity – Humidity should be well regulated if you have a well-functioning air conditioning system. If you’re finding the home warmer or muggy or cold and clammy, the unit likely has hidden issues that need to be addressed.
- Rapid Cycling – If you have an oversized AC system, experiencing low refrigerant levels, a frozen evaporator, or electrical issues might be common, resulting in the air conditioner turning on and off before reaching the correct temperature. The shortened cycle can lead to more costly repairs if not fixed soon.
- Water Leaks – Unit leaks are signs that the air conditioning system is faulty and can lead to further damage to your home.
- Unpleasant Odors – Smelly odors can be an indication of bacterial growth, mildew, or mold.
- Strange Noises –Loud rattling, clanging, or hisses from the system can be a sign of larger damage. Any loose or faulty parts can cause additional damage to your system, so these noises shouldn’t be taken lightly.
- AC Blowing Hot Air / AC Not Blowing Cold – Naturally, your air conditioner should be doing its job correctly, and if it’s blowing out the incorrect temperatures, there is likely an underlying issue that needs to be addressed.
- AC Unit Not Turning On – Wiring shorts, electrical damage, and thermostat miscalibration can result in the AC system not working at all.
Luckily, JMAC Plumbing & Air Conditioning offers 24/7 home A/C repairs in the Las Vegas area. Experiencing any of the above issues? Give us a call today for a quick solution!
How Much Money Can Be Saved with Home A/C Repair?
Our SEER energy savings calculator can help determine how much you could save on your utility bills. Simply enter your current unit’s SEER value and compare it to a newer, more efficient system. You can even customize it to better match your home’s system for a more accurate calculation.
Contact JMAC Plumbing & Air Conditioning for A/C Repairs in Las Vegas
At JMAC Plumbing and Air Conditioning, we provide all the services you need to keep your AC running in top-notch shape. We proudly provide Las Vegas A/C repair, as well as plumbing and HVAC services in the neighboring communities Henderson, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Paradise, North Las Vegas, Centennial Hills, Green Valley Ranch, Clark County, Tule Springs, Sunrise Manor, Macdonald Ranch, Black Mountain, and Lake Las Vegas. Call a JMAC team member at 702-227-5622 to get a quote for repairs, maintenance, or new-system installation today!