Is your water heater leaking? Here’s what you need to do: First, find the location of the leak. This will be helpful for you and your service technician. Next, turn off the power supply by switching the water heater circuit breaker to “off” for an electric water heater or by turning the dial to “off” on a gas water heater. Finally, turn off the cold water supply to avoid more water being wasted from the leak.
If you don’t fix a leaky water heater, several issues can arise, including:
- Water damage: A leaky water heater can cause water damage to your home, leading to costly repairs.
- Increased utility bills: A leaky water heater can cause the system to work harder to maintain the desired temperature, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Corrosion: Water leaks can cause corrosion on the water heater’s metal components, consequently leading to premature failure and replacement.
- Health hazards: If the leak is caused by a faulty gas valve or burner, it can cause a gas leak, which is a serious health hazard.
- Fire hazard: If the gas leaks and accumulates, it can pose a fire hazard, leading to a potential explosion.
Therefore, it’s important to fix a leaky water heater as soon as possible to prevent these issues from occurring.
Call us today at 702-227-5622 to have your water heater repaired or replaced.